TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND INFORMATION FOR BRIDAL/EVENT MAKEUP
- During Peak Wedding season (April to September & 24th – 31st December) there is a minimum number of 3 adults (must include the Bride plus two-party members) for booking bridal makeup. Smaller parties may be considered but are subject to additional terms and conditions.
- Kay Louise Make-Up Artist prices for services are subject to change without notice. My prices come under review annually. (NB- once your booking is secured by the booking fee and contract signed your agreed price is fixed).
- Kay Louise Make-Up Artist reserves the right to modify or discontinue a service (or any part or content thereof) at any time without notice.
- In line with the GDPR (general data protection regulation) legislation that came into effect on 25/05/18 any personal information is kept secure and will only be used by Kay Louise Make-Up Artist to contact you regarding your appointments and any services you have consented to. Your information is kept on file for a period of six years in terms with business insurance policies. It will not be shared with any third party and will be destroyed securely after this time. You can request copies of your information at any time.
Getting to know you….
After our initial consultation call/meeting, we will meet for your trial sessions. This is the opportunity to ask as many questions as you wish and find the look you will wear on the day of your Wedding. I have a calm and relaxed approach and I am very down to earth so I pride myself on building a great relationship with my clients. I will be led by you as to what you are comfortable with regarding makeup and skincare. I will advise you of any adjustments that will benefit your skincare regime and of what makeup will enhance you and make you look amazing in life and in photographs.
Your trial will take place at my home studio in Worcester approximately 6-8 weeks prior to the event date and cost £80. The trial cost is covered by the booking fee. Additional mileage charges will apply should the trial take place elsewhere. The physical trial will last approximately 2.5 hours.
It will usually just be the brides’ makeup that is trialed however, should other members of the bridal party wish to have a trial the cost is £65, and payment for this is to be made at the time of booking their trial session. I highly recommend these take place on a different date to the bride’s trial.
- Following the quote agreement, a booking fee of £80 is required to secure your date. The booking fee must be paid within 7 days of the agreed quote to secure the booking. Should payment not be received, your date will be released and will be available for booking by other clients.
- Until this booking fee is received, no date will be secured. Should the client decide against going ahead with a trial session within 14 days of paying the booking fee, a full refund will be given by bank transfer into the client’s bank account within seven days and Kay Louise will not be responsible for any further costs. After this 14-day period, the booking fee is deemed non-refundable or transferable and will cover the cost of your trial session, exclusive date reservation and all administration work provided prior to and after your trial (an hourly rate applies) and also any purchased stock in advance of your event date.
- Once the booking fee is received, a booking form will be issued, and you will be required to fill in the necessary details, sign and date the form and return to Kay Louise Make-Up Artist.
- Payments can be by cash or by bank transfer. Details will be given upon request at the time of booking. Cheques are not accepted.
- No additional makeups other than those pre-agreed will take place on the day of the wedding/event, except with prior agreement from Kay Louise. Additional makeups on the day are charged at £65 per person and are payable by cash only on the day, before application takes place or via BACS transfer 24 hours prior to the application.
- The remaining balance is due four weeks prior to the event date, by cash or bank transfer unless prior agreement is made between the client and Kay Louise.
- Any mileage (outside the 10-mile radius of WR4), parking fees and congestion charges will be covered by you, the client and will be added to the package balance. Your Make-up Artist will need to be informed of any congestion charges, parking fees or parking time limits prior to her arrival at your venue.
- There is a £12 ‘early arrival charge’ made against bookings that require me to arrive to set up before 6am. For any booking that I am required to leave my home address before 5am, an additional charge of £12 will also be applied to the total package price (totaling £24).
- Second Venue Fee – A £15 charge will be made for any booking that requires me to move venues throughout the application (start at one address then move to another). This fee covers the time it takes to unpack my kit, repack, move to new venue, and unpack. At least Forty-Five minutes will need to be added to your schedule in this instance.
- Second Artist Fee – A second artist will be required where party numbers exceed 6 or where your time schedule does not allow ample time to be ready (starting before 5am for example). An additional fee of £70 is required to cover the cost of a second artist to assist Kay Louise with your bridal party. A contract will be drawn up with a second artist therefore, this £70 fee is non-refundable as Second Artists require booking well in advance. Once a second artist has been sourced, booked and confirmed, they cannot be cancelled without the fee should they no longer be required due to a reduction in number of party members.
A minimum 48-hour cancellation notice is required for any trial appointments.
In the highly unlikely of the booking being cancelled please be advised of the following.
- Booking fees are non-refundable or transferable after 14 days of receipt unless the booking is cancelled by Kay Louise Make-Up.
- The full balance remains payable if the booking is cancelled by the client less than eight weeks before the agreed wedding date.
- The full balance remains payable if any member of the bridal party decides against having their makeup done less than four weeks before the agreed wedding date.
- By paying the £80 booking fee you agree to be bound to the terms of this agreement.
Responsibilities of your Make-up Artist Kay Louise.
- I will make you look and feel fabulous, help keep you calm and relaxed.
- Both myself and any assistants I use shall provide services with reasonable care and skill.
- I am a fully certified sanitation and medical grade hygiene specialist. I will provide my services with the highest level of health and safety measures.
- I shall arrive on the date, at the time arranged and perform services as agreed at the trial. If I cannot perform the agreed services due to unforeseen circumstances or any other cause beyond my control, any and all payments excluding trial makeups shall be returned to the client with the understanding that there will be no further liability with respect to the agreement.
- I will bring along and use my own kit/products in the provision of the services unless specific products have been pre-agreed with the bride or other members of the bridal party due to sensitivities etc prior to the event. All products and equipment are sanitised to medical grade standards.
- I shall arrange my own means of transport but may claim legitimate expenses subject to prior agreement.
- I will use high quality professional materials and re-create the agreed makeup based on the trial.
- I reserve the right to, at my discretion, substitute products for similar colours, textures etc. depending on the circumstances of the day and to be in accordance with best hygiene practices and “use by” dates of the products.
- Prices for products and services are subject to change without notice.
- The Company reserves the right to modify or discontinue a service (or any part or content thereof) at any time without notice.
Responsibilities of you, The Bride.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy your day!
- The bride agrees to pay the agreed fee in accordance with the payment terms listed above.
- The bride is responsible for Kay Louise’s fees, parking, and travel fees if applicable.
- The bride agrees to inform Kay Louise immediately of any sensitivities or allergies they or any other member of the Bridal party may have to types of cosmetics or products both before or after the trial session. Kay Louise is not responsible for any liability for complications arising from the unlikely event of potential reactions or sensitivities. You are required to notify Kay Louise of any contagious infections whether viral or bacterial prior to your application. The application process may be adjusted or postponed as a result of such infection. This will be at the discretion of your artist.
- The bride agrees to ensure there is a suitable workspace available at the venue where makeup will be taking place, including space to lay out products and equipment and suitable lighting and ventilation.
- The bride agrees that I may use any photographs taken or sourced from the wedding as promotional/marketing material. The bride can waiver this should she not agree for images to be used.